If you have the dangerous Goods module installed into your webstore, this will enable you to flag products that require either approval to ship, charge additional per item, or cannot be shipped under the regular shipping tables ie you need to quote manually.
If a customer adds a dangerous good to the cart, depending on your configuration any or all of the following may occur:
- Customers will need to approve the terms and conditions you have set for shipping the goods.
- Pay an additional fee per item; or
- The customer will be contacted to confirm payment
Firstly, let's take a look how to flag a product:
How to flag a product?
1. Login to the admin area
2. Go to Products/Categories > Products on the left hand menu
3. Search for the product code that you'd like to flag as a bulky item
4. Select the Additional Fields tab
5. Look for the Dangerous field and populate this with a Y
6. Select Save